By using our website you accept the terms of this acceptable use policy.
Please read this acceptable use policy carefully and ensure that you understand it before using our website.
Your agreement to comply with this policy is indicated by your use of our website. If you do not agree to this policy, you must stop using our website immediately.
The following documents also apply to your use of our website:
If you purchase goods or services from us or make a booking or reservation for our restaurant, water taxi or venue hire online, our Online Terms and Conditions of Business, will apply to the sale.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this policy, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases, and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, our website.
means a user of our website.
means River Exe Cafe Ltd.
Information About Us
Our website is operated by River Exe Cafe Ltd. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08000379 with registered office address at 28 Alexandra Terrace, Exmouth, EX8 1BD. Our VAT number is 139867166.
We use Stripe to facilitate online customer payments for goods and services purchased via our website. Stripe provides integrated and secure payment systems for businesses online. For further information about how Stripe works including how Stripe handles customer information please see https://stripe.com/en-gb/privacy.
We use Access Collins to facilitate online customer bookings and reservations and to allow us to manage the same. Access Collins is an integrated booking and reservation system for online businesses provided by the Access Group. For further information about how Access Collins works including how it handles customer information, please see https://www.theaccessgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notice/.
How to Contact Us
To contact us by email, please email us at [email protected] to contact us by telephone, call us on +44 7761 116103. You may also write to us at Unit 1, The Point, Pierhead, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 1FE, United Kingdom.
When contacting us by any means, this policy applies.
Changes to this policy
We may alter the terms of this policy at any time. If we do so, details of the changes will be highlighted at the top of this page. As explained above, your use of our website constitutes your acceptance of this policy. Consequently, any changes made to this policy will apply to your use of our website the first time you use it after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page every time you use our website. If you do not agree to any changes we make to this policy you must not continue to use our website.
Acceptable Usage of Our Website
You may not use our website to:
- disseminate any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breach any laws;
- transmit material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breach any applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice;
- interfere (by whatever means) with any other person’s use or enjoyment of our website; or
- make, transmit or store electronic copies of materials protected by our copyright or other intellectual property right without our written permission;
- suggest any manner or form of association, approval, or endorsement by us where none exist;
You may only use our website in a lawful manner and:
- you ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national, or international laws and regulations that apply;
- your use of our website is not in any way, or for any purpose, unlawful or fraudulent;
- you must not use our website to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind;
- you must not use our website to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit unauthorised or unsolicited marketing or similar material (commonly referred to as “spam”);
- you must not use our website to bully, threaten, harass, intimidate, insult, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass our employees;
- you may provide links of our website , provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or exploit it;
Our website must not be framed any other website.
We may provide links to other websites for your information. If you use these links, you will be redirected away from our website. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked via our website, you do so entirely at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for third party websites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We may make recommendations or show you products which we think suit you based on your past purchases, our top-selling products or on your ratings or review of our products.
Breaches of this policy
- Suspend or terminate your account if you have an account with us;
- Remove, either temporarily or permanently, your communication or other submission from our website;
- Issue you with a written warning;
- Take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- Take further legal action against you, as appropriate;
- Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as we deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- Any other actions which we deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions that we may take (including, but not limited to those set out above in this section 6) in response to your breach.
Law and Jurisdiction
This policy, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in this section 7 takes away from or reduces your legal rights as a consumer.
If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings, or claim between you and us relating to this policy or to the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
If you are a business user, any dispute, controversy, proceedings, or claim between you and us relating to this policy or to the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
It is recommended that you print a copy of this policy for your future reference.
The River Exe Café
This revision was published 7th May 2022