- We use Royal Mail to deliver our goods to customers, specifically we use the Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class service. Once you complete the check-out process and submit your order, you will receive an order confirmation email which will give you details of delivery.
- Products are usually dispatched 2-7 days after the order is placed, where the order is placed before noon that day. For orders placed after noon, it is usually 2-7 days after the day following order placement. You will receive an email telling you when your order has been dispatched.
- We aim to deliver orders 2-5 days following dispatch, except for deliveries to Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, the Scottish Highlands and Islands which usually take 5-10 days from dispatch. If something happens which is outside of our control and affects the estimated date of delivery, we will provide you with a revised estimated date for delivery.
- Delivery will take place at the address specified by you when you placed your order with us.
- Deliveries requested to non-residential addresses, or houses with multiple occupants, are made at the customer’s own risk and River Exe Cafe Ltd will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days of the date of your confirmation email, we will:
- let you know;
- cancel your order; and
- give you a refund.
- If nobody is available to take delivery If no one is available to take delivery, Royal Mail will either post an attempted delivery notification through your letterbox with information on how to re-arrange delivery or they will follow the delivery instructions provided by you if they email/text you ahead of delivery with delivery options (eg leaving it in a specified safe location or delivering it to a neighbour or nearby business) in which case they will leave a notification or send you an email you to let you know where your package has been left. You shall not be entitled to any refunds which arise as a result of your refusal to accept delivery for your order.
- If your order contains alcohol (eg River Exe Café Gin), you must be 18 years + to receive delivery and you may be required to provide identification (passport or photocard driving licence) to the delivery service person.
- If delivery proves impossible or impractical for any other reason, we may need to cancel your order and deduct the original delivery charges from the refund.
- You are responsible for the goods once they have been delivered to the address specified by you in your order and the risk in the goods passes to you when you the goods are delivered.
- We do not currently make deliveries to any addresses outside of the UK.
- We may deliver your goods in instalments and this information will be provided in your dispatch email.
- If you are ordering goods for delivery within England and Wales, the cost of delivery shall be based on Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class service. Packaging costs shall be in addition. The total cost for packaging and delivery shall be confirmed prior to purchase.
- If you are ordering goods for delivery in Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, the Scottish Highlands and Islands, the cost of delivery shall be based on Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class service. Packaging costs shall be in addition. The total cost for packaging and delivery shall be confirmed prior to purchase.
Cancellations & Returns
- Provided that you are a consumer, and subject to the terms set out below, you may have the right to cancel the contract between you and us pursuant to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, and to return the goods.
- The legal right to cancel applies to customer purchases made via our website or via telephone. It must be exercised within the “cooling off” period. This period begins on the day you receive your order.
- With regard to the cooling off period:
- If the good(s) are being delivered to you in a single instalment (whether single or multiple items), the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the good(s).
- If the good(s) are being delivered in separate instalments on separate days, the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the final instalment of good(s).
- If your order is for the regular delivery of good(s) over a defined period, the cooling off period ends 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of good(s).
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision within the cooling off period. You may do so in any of the following ways:
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication notifying us of your exercise of the right to cancel before the cooling off period has expired.
- If you are returning your good(s) to us you have 14 days in which to do so from the date that you send your notification of cancellation.
- If you exercise your legal right to cancel we shall issue you with a full refund to the payment method with which you paid, within 14 days of your notice of cancellation or, if you are returning cancelled items, within 14 days of our receipt of the returned items.
- Please note we will not refund you delivery costs or the costs of returning goods to us unless the goods are faulty, damaged or delayed (see below). If you do return goods to us, we ask that you use the Royal Mail Signed For service (or a delivery service on an equal footing, inclusive of customer tracking). Please note that when returning goods to us you are responsible for the goods until they are delivered safely to us. If such goods go missing or get damaged in return transit it is your responsibility.
- If you return a good(s) without first notifying us within the cooling off period that you are exercising your right to cancel and return, your return will not be accepted.
- Please note you do not have the right to cancel and return in respect of the following good(s) and will not be entitled to a refund unless such good(s) are faulty or damaged (see further below):
- good(s) made to your specifications or which are clearly personalised; or
- good(s) which become inseparably mixed with other items in accordance with your personal requirements;
- good(s) which have been opened or had the protective seal broken (such as a bottle of our River Exe Café Gin) and /or have been used (such as our Gift Vouchers or other items) or consumed (such as our Gin).
- Please note that we do not accept returns of goods purchased in store.
- With regard to orders for services:
- for dining and water taxi services:
- you shall have until 24 hours prior to the reserved time and date in your booking to either change your reservation to a different time and date, or to cancel and receive a refund of your deposit, however please note that for cancellations we shall charge a £2 administrative fee per each person on the original booking which we shall retain from your deposit;
- if you cancel less than 24 hours prior to the reserved time and date in your booking, your deposit shall be non-refundable;
- for entertainment nights: (including comedy, live music and wine tasting) tickets are payable in full up front and are non-refundable and due to limited availability at events, they cannot be transferred to another entertainment night.
- for private venue hire: you will have until 90 days prior to the agreed venue hire date to cancel your reservation and receive a full refund of your deposit. Should you cancel less than 90 days prior to the agreed venue hire date, your deposit will be non-refundable (this provision is subject to the terms dealing with availability and circumstances beyond our reasonable control set out in our Online Terms and Conditions, In-Store Terms and Conditions.
- for dining and water taxi services:
- For dining and water taxi services booked via our booking system on our website, you may cancel by contacting us using one of the methods set out in section 4 above, or alternatively you may click on the ‘cancel booking’ option in your order/ reservation confirmation email, and following the prompts thereafter. To help us process your cancellation more quickly, please have your booking reference number ready or include it in the email or cancellation form you send to us.
- We must provide good(s) that are of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, and/or as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information we have provided.
- If any good(s) you have purchased from us do not comply with description or, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them (including where they have been damaged in transit), where appropriate we will arrange for a replacement good(s) to be sent to you, or we will offer you a full refund or exchange or gift voucher (up to the value of the good being returned). This is provided you contact us within 7 days of receipt to explain the damage, providing photos of the delivered item (including packaging) with the damage visible along with your order details to [email protected]
- If we require you to return the damaged goods we will say so and you must return to us within 14 days of our request for return. We will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods but we ask that you use Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class service. If you choose to use a different delivery method to return the goods you will take full responsibility should the goods go missing or get damaged in return transit.
- Where we deliver a replacement good(s) and such redelivery of the good(s) remains unsatisfactory, we will refund you the price of the good(s) in the quantity sold including the delivery costs.
- We are not liable to you for any fault where the good(s) that arrive:
- damaged though improper or delayed delivery where we are not at fault; or
- become damaged by improper handling or storage of the products after delivery to you.
- If we miss the delivery date specified by us when we confirm an order for goods (“agreed delivery date”), you may cancel your order straight away if:
- we have refused to deliver the goods for any reason; or
- you told us before the contract between you and us was made that delivery by the agreed delivery date was essential.
- If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery in the circumstances set out in section 19:
- you can do so for either all of the order or just part of the order (unless splitting up the goods in the order would significantly reduce their value);
- if any of the goods in the order have been delivered to you, we may ask you to return them to us, and we will pay the reasonable return postage costs (calculated using Royal Mail’s Signed For 2nd Class Service) incurred by you; and
- after you cancel your order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled goods and their delivery.
Cooling Off Period
Faulty or Damaged Goods
River Exe Cafe Ltd
Last updated 7th May 2022